JAWS for Windows is a popular software program that was developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content.
What It Does:
- JAWS reads aloud what's on the PC screen. Jaws can read documents; internet pages and helps users navigate on their computer.
- The JAWS interactive talking installation is fast and easy.
- Supports all standard Windows applications.
- Supports Internet Explorer with special features: links lists, frames lists, forms mode, reading HTML tables and graphic labels and more.
- Includes a unique scripting language for further customization with nonstandard Windows applications and proprietary software.
- New tools for easier customization without the need to write scripts.
- Outputs to most popular refreshable braille displays in computer or Grade 2 Braille.
- Includes JAWS Basic Training on CD with more than five hours of audio instruction to help users understand how to navigate the Windows environment with JAWS.
- JAWS has realistic sounding voices and available in 23 different languages.
Where to find it:
You can buy this software from any licensed vendors.Here are links to some vendors that provide this software:
Assistance with Purchase:
You may be eligible for financial assistance with your purchase through the Assistive Devices Program (ADP) through the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in Ontario. For more information on the application process and eligibility please call (1-800-268-6021) or visit: Ontario Health - Assistive Devices Program