Zoomtext Magnifer/Reader is a software program designed to help people who have difficulty seeing what is on the computer screen. This program enlarges the screen size and reads text out loud.
What it does:
Zoomtext Magnifer/Reader has many features that help with daily computer functions:
- Makes text easy to read by increasing the size of the item you are working on up to 36 times the original size.
- Uses colour controls to change or replace colours which reduces eyestrain.
- Changes the size and colour of the cursor/pointer to make it easier to see and use.
Reads documents, web pages and email. You can:
- Have text read to you by human-sounding male and female voices - closer to the real thing than ever before; and
- Turn sound on and off as you choose what you would like read out loud.
Where to find it:
You can buy this software from any licensed vendors. You have the option of purchasing only the screen magnification (Zoomtext Magnifier) which does not include the reader portion of the program. Here are links to some of the vendors that provide this software:
Assistance with purchase:
You may be eligible for financial assistance with your purchase through the Assistive Devices Program (ADP) through the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in Ontario. For more information on the application process and eligibility please call (1-800-268-6021) or visit: Ontario Health - Assistive Devices Program