What does the Event Planner do?
The Event Planner supports all aspects of event planning for Feed the Need in Durham, including logistics planning, material production, communications and outreach, and follow up evaluation. The ideal candidate should have experience planning events and/or strong marketing and communications skills. They must be organised and be able to work both independently and in a small team environment.
• Develop and manage event planning schedules and timetables
• Prepare outreach and communication material
• Provide administrative support to the Outreach Coordinator
• Manage event related social media on multiple platforms
• Liaise with event partners, suppliers, and participants
• Manage invitation and RSVP lists
• Attend meetings as required
• Other office duties as assigned Requirements
• Experience and/education in event planning, marketing, and communications
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Social Media experience
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
• Experience with database management and online data collection tools, or ability to learn these tools comfortably.
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task • Must be a student enrolled in a College or University program who is returning to school in the fall.
Please apply to Ben Earle at firstname.lastname@example.org