Shipping/Receiving Assistant (Student)
• Assists volunteers sorting, picking orders in distribution centre receiving & supplying food for emergency food providers (food banks, meal programs)
• Maintain flow of food coming into and going out of the warehouse
• Verify, load and unload food in a timely manner
• Drive the forklift and truck as required
• Organizing the logistics of food pick-up and delivery
• Maintain accurate records of food entering and leaving the warehouse
• Maintain records of food donors and enter in database
• Provide excellent customer service to member agencies
• Utilize inventory control system
• Enter weekly statistics into database. Provide reports to Warehouse Manager.
• Ensure food expiry dates are checked and processed accordingly
• Other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager or Executive Director
• General labour experience. Experience working in a warehouse, or education in logistics/warehouse management would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of health department regulations regarding food/warehouse operations or willing to learn.
• Knowledge of WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) an asset
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures and policies within the workplace
• High degree of organizational ability and attention to detail
• First Aid an asset
• Class “G” drivers license with clean driver’s abstract
• Candidates must be well organized, energetic, team-player, with excellent customer service skills and able to lift material weighing up to 50 lbs
• Must be a student who will be returning to school in the Fall.
Please apply to Ben Earle at email@example.com